Back by popular demand, Dead Island Helper has returned in a new incarnation for Riptide, the sequel to the first game.
Like Dead Island Helper, DI:RH allows you to tweak a variety of normally inaccessible game settings to disable certain visual effects, modify key binds and much more.
Here are the major differences between DIH and DI:RH — other than compatibility with Riptide:
- The drop-down menus now expand to the left. This prevents menus from appearing on the second monitor on multi-monitor setups.
- Added an option to us OpenAL instead of XAudio2.
Also, some of the settings that worked in DI no longer appear to have an effect in DI:R. For example, the “overcast weather” option is identical between games, but setting it in DI:R doesn’t seem to change the sky.
IMPORTANT: This program should be considered beta and is undergoing continual tweaking and improvement. The developer cannot be held responsible for any issues or problems this program may cause with your system or with Dead Island: Riptide. By downloading Dead Island: Riptide Helper, you consent to using the program at your own risk!
The tool is not supported with cracked versions of the game.
Requires the .NET 2.0 Framework, which anyone running Windows XP SP3 and above should have.
Changelog – 1.4
- Added: Disable sun shadows. Can significantly improve performance, but at the expense of removing almost all shadows.
- Added: Boost NPC volume. Increases speech volume from 0.5 to 0.95.
- Added: Rebind Charge key. By default this is “R”; using this option allows it to be rebound to any alphanumeric key.
Changelog – 1.31
- Fixed: An issue with weapon refraction.
Changelog – 1.3
- Added: Disable distant blur. Removes the blurring effect applied to distance objects and terrain.
- Added: Disable dust clouds option.
- Fixed: A bug with disabling weapon refraction that could cause a black screen when indoors.
- Fixed: A few issues with the disable bloom option.
Changelog – 1.21
- Added: Kill “Berkelium” background process. This is started automatically with Dead Island: Riptide; enabling this option terminates it as soon as it starts. This process can cause performance issues and terminating it seems to have no effect on the game.
Changelog – 1.2
- Added: Disable event logging. Prevents writes to Dead Island: Riptide’s log folder, which can improve loading times.
- Added: Rebind throw special. Operates the same way as other rebind options.
- Added: Enable SMAA (Sub-pixel Morphological Anti-Aliasing). Requires administrative rights / elevated privileges if the game is installed in the Program Files directory or other protected system folder. Functionality is courtesy of Andrej Dudenhefner’s injectSMAA.
Changelog – 1.1
- Fixed: An issue with the DWM black screen fix.
- Added: Unbind mousewheel from weapon selection.
- Added: Rebind firearm melee. Operates the same way as the rebind Use key option.
Download the Dead Island: Riptide Helper:
Simply extract it anywhere convenient (it doesn’t have to be your Dead Island: Riptide folder), and run the program.